Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Vancouver

This past week I played at being a jet-setting businesswoman - as much of a businesswoman as one can be in steel-toed shoes with a c-wrench in my back pocket, I suppose. A company I contract with flew C and I to Vancouver for a week-long conference for one of their major clients. There's something wonderfully hilarious about nine bedraggled and frozen technicians clambering into a SUV stretch limo at five in the morning. This limousine was clearly meant to serve a different kind of patron entirely, as the twinkling LED lights and up-lit bar made clear. [You'll have to forgive me the poor quality of these photos - I'm limited to my iPhone for the time being and it doesn't like the dark.]


But I'm not one to complain about a warm limo ride to the airport on a freezing January morning! Our client had kindly arranged for a limousine to pick us up in Vancouver as well, so we arrived on site in style :]


We had more than a few long days with the client but as far as corporate work goes, this definitely falls on the 'fun' side of the spectrum. They're friendly and efficient and I always have a good time on these conference tours. Who doesn't like staying in nice hotels, having catered meals and exploring a new city for a week? Nobody, that's who.


This is where I spent 80% of my time in Vancouver: at my messy front of house workstation!



And of course, there were a few nights spent at the bar and seeing the sights around our hotel!


Here's a handy tip for reheating leftovers in your hotel room: pop that Pad Thai on a hot iron and stir it around. Almost all hotel rooms have irons and this works brilliantly. Isn't C clever?


I'm pretty allergic to feathers and down pillows/duvets, but I do look forward to the big comfy sheets in hotels. I don't even mind getting a bit of a scratchy throat - I cocoon myself in those wonderful duvets and wish I never had to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment