Friday, February 1, 2013

Rosie Posie

I have a special lady in my life. Her full name is Eleanor Roosevelt, but she prefers 'Rosie'. She's sassy and stubborn and occasionally pretty stupid, but she's a stellar companion. On the nights when C is out of the house, she always crawls into bed with me and sleeps under the covers, warming my toes. It's as if she knows that someone has to do it and she steps up in C's absence. How thoughtful!


Some of her favourite things include yoghurt cups, her tiny stuffed giraffe, her sprawling penthouse flat in Kitty Condos, sleeping in the sink during the summertime, and whining about nothing for absolutely no reason. She loves being up high and sneaking onto our dresser at night in order to launch herself onto the storage shelf above. Then she cries until one of us wakes up to help her down, because she is also a tremendous baby.


Rosie loves snuggling in laps that are already occupied. If there's an activity she can get in the way of, oh boy! 'Let me rest my head on your hands while you type! This touchpad looks like a great place to put my paws! You're trying to play videogames, C? Let me some sit in your lap and look indignant every time you move. Ah, yes, this is the life.'


I'm sure all cat owners think their pet is the bees knees, but I'm convinced she's the bees kneesiest.

The cat's pajamas, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment