Saturday, February 16, 2013

Treehouse Point

Come holiday and birthday season, I usually fret and fuss over finding the perfect gift for C. The boy is so clever at coming up with thoughtful and unexpected gifts! It's become an unspoken competition. This past year, even though we were spending the holidays with our families in the States, I was determined to make up the ground I lost when he surprised me with a piano the Christmas previous. By October I was browsing Pinterest for ideas; by November I had it booked and paid for!

I knew that after ten days of being away from home and in a full, busy household, we'd both be looking forward to some alone time. Through Pinterest I had found some photos of truly amazing treehouses - I clicked through simply to see what it was all about and was shocked to find it was a small hotel just outside of where we would be visiting my family! I was on the phone booking our stay within seconds.

How can I possibly do justice to the beauty of this place? It was like stepping into a fairytale. I'll let the photos speak for themselves:





Treehouse Point is a collection of five incredibly unique treehouses available for rental year-round. We stayed in Nest - a teeny tiny treehouse accessible by stairs. Inside, there was the most astoundingly comfortable bed and two small chairs for a sitting area.



It was perfect. I was a bit worried about it being cold, but the small in-room heater worked like a charm and we actually had to turn it off a few times because we were overwarm! C and I were giddy with excitement. We dropped out bags and immediately hit the trails for a walk. It was wet out - it's the Pacific Northwest, what more can you expect? - but our walk was lovely. It's amazing how delicious evergreens smell in the rain. We found a small island accessible by plank and discovered dozens of carefully balanced stacks of rocks. Of course we couldn't resist making one of our own...



As you walk through the woods, you may stumble onto one of the two 'secret' treehouses designed to be used by anyone who comes across them: Bird Blind and Hermitage. Bird Blind is built higher than most of the other treehouses, and is entirely screened in. It offers a 360degree view of the river nearby and would be an amazing retreat in the summertime. Hermitage is nearby, and aptly named! The ladder is counterweighted, so once you're up there you can hoist it up and hide away for the day. There's a small desk and a big window overlooking the river. A writers sanctuary.


There's also a small safari tent if you'd prefer to rough it for the night - it's completely screened it and even has a front porch.

I've seen some truly spectacular weddings that took place here. If you're thinking of something a little off the beaten path and unique, I can't think of a better place! Check out Amanda & Liam's wedding on Green Wedding Shoes for ideas and inspiration.

Of course, if you're not the sleeping-high-up-in-a-tree type but still like the idea of being close to nature, there are a couple rooms available in the main lodge on site. It's a wonderfully cozy space that feels like home - the owner makes a fresh, local breakfast every morning for guests! We munched on warm blueberry scones and local granola with yoghurt and fresh fruit. Absolutely divine.

The price varies depending on which treehouse you choose and what time of year you are looking to stay, but in my opinion it is well worth the cost. Some of the larger ones like Upper Pond and Trillium sleep three of four comfortably, so would be perfect for a small getaway with your friends or maybe a bachelorette party!

C agrees: this Christmas, I nailed it!

Check out their website - I can't recommend this place highly enough! Treehouse Point 6922 Preston-Fall City Road SE Issaquah, WA general@treehousepoint.com

3 comments:

  1. too beautiful!
    jealous!


    thebrit-ishlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What. An. Amazing. Place.

    You are absolutely the best at choosing!

    I wish wish wish we had places as beautiful as this in England, I would love to go here.

    Jealous

    Hope you are well, take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why there aren't more unique, intimate resort spaces like this... it's so charming! I feel in love the second we stepped out of the car, for sure.

      Thanks so much!

      Delete